Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Proud of Cyrus

My friend, Cyrus, spoke at ISTE tonight about his work in Second Life setting up a classroom for university and professional college students. He did a good job of explaining the process for anyone who is interested and doesn't know where to begin. I was proud to see someone up on the stage that I know so well. I was really nervous for him and couldn't even listen the entire time! Silly me! I guess I know him so well and have known him so long I was overly empathetic, as though I were up there. I can't imagine ever being in that position. There must have been 40 or more avatars there at one point. For the first time that I can recall there were griefers, too. One female avatar drove her sports car right up on stage. Cyrus handled it very well. It was an SL moment, that is for sure!

No comments: