Monday, January 12, 2009

Got Google?

Today I got invited via TP to a meeting place to join a group that I know very little about. It has something to do with Google creating a presense in Second Life and Maggie Marat is involved. Jade Lily and Emanna Romano, who I don't know, seemed to also be doing a bit of the talking and sharing. I believe these three are Google Certified teachers which they earned by attending a one day Google Teacher Academy at Google Headquarters. They have aparently convinced Google that people really are using Second Life for educational purposes and that if Google teaches in SL they can reach a lot of teachers who will in turn reach a lot of students. One can apply to attend the academy. The requirements include a one minute video and answers to questions about using technology. You can go to Youtube and search for Google Teacher Academy and see a bunch of different GTA videos. I think I will have to attend some future meetings to really understand what I've gotten into now but I must say I'm very happy to be someone that someone else teleports to a place where something educational is happening. This happens to me more and more now, and it is not the same person. It's been KJ, Bonbon, Massinimo, and others. I love that something starts and somoene thinks, "Thunder would like to be here!" They are SO right!

No comments: