Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmastime in Second Life

Christmastime is festive in Second Life. Maybe it's because it's so easy to make a party, no clean up, no expense, everyone looks great in their holiday clothes that always fit perfectly. Playing with friends, listening to Christmas music, is an enjoyable way to relax after the hustle and bustle of real life holiday busyness. 

This is a holiday party at ISTE on the roof of the headquarters building, one of the weekly socials ISTE holds to help educators in Second Life network. It was fun. People came and went and it lasted much longer than planned.


Part of the fun is deciding what to wear. In Second Life what you wear can be an entire avatar. This fellow (below) was a reindeer. Click the photo to enlarge it. His avatar was quite unique and interesting. The double knees, with the lower one bending backwards, creeped me out. I teased him about that but he didn't think I was funny.

 

There were things to do besides dance. Cyrus is caught half-way down a chimney here. I was trying to do this at the same time. I'm beholding to him for having the faster clicker because I would not have been attractive with my legs kicking in the air in this dress!


I did enjoy the snow angel animation though.

 After leaving the party I tried my new fireworks from the top of Expedition Central. They are fabulous!







No comments: