Sunday, August 31, 2008

New House

I said from my second month in Second Life that I would by land in July if I was still playing the game. It took me until late August to make that commitment, but here it is! I asked a friend in SL who I trust due to a personal RL connection, for a recommendation. He sent me to Skipper, who buys and develops land in SL. I "bought" 1/2 a buffer sim. I have learned that you never really own anything in SL. You lease from someone who has leased from Linden Labs. It's yours as long as you pay the monthly tier. With this 1/2 sim I have more prims than I will ever use, and lots of space. I'm also staying in the VBeach House group, because that is a great place for collaboration and fellowship. I want my new house to be my secluded island, a place to get away and not necessarily talk about instructional technology.

No comments: