Friday, September 5, 2008

Just about Finished

I don't know if you ever finish your house in Second Life, but I have everything I need on my island now. I feels finished. There are three rooms, one for sitting and talking with friends, one for sitting at a table with one friend, and another for watching videos. I like the outside spaces better. There is a campfire, tai chi balls, a dock, a couple of small boats, a raft, a float, and a beach with four deck chairs. It's cozy, open, and relaxing. Yesterday afternoon my Va Beach roommates and one of our coordinators came to my real life house and we discussed our conference presentation for VSTE. I'll be putting that on paper and turning it in today. We are also going to apply to present at ISTE's NECC in June. (Scary!) We hope to have an influence on VSTE's presence in SL and pump it up a bit. Al wants to work on building the facility to be more inviting. I want to get more people there and connected. Mandie and Jazmemo are also interested in updating VSTE's presence in SL and creating more activity. We want more prims so we can make it comfortable and a place Virginia teachers want to gather to network.

No comments: