Sunday, January 25, 2009

Circle Dance Found

Today I finally found a native American circle dance for VSTE Island. It's not great but it will do for now. It's one more interactive thing for our visitors to enjoy. Someone said that the island is a little too Jamestown and not enough VSTE. My reaction to that is there has to be a reason for people to come to see VSTE island. Once there they can join the group. Once we get a nice size group of people the draw will be the meetings and classes we offer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree about people needing a reason to visit the island, first. Once there I'm sure they will explore. Also, if we offer enough help at HQ, weekly get togethers, etc. they will likely return often.

Al said...

Part of the problem with the old VSTE was that there was no reason to visit it in Second Life. It was static.
I think that shows the outside misconception of what Second Life is about. There must be things to do, experiences to be had- it is not a 3D brochure. We do not visit a place in SL more than once just because it is there.
That is why we became excited about the Jamestown Re-creation. VSTE by itself was boring. But Jamestown gives people a reason to come to VSTE, meet the people involved, make connections and to learn! Some day Jamestown will be gone, and we will make a new reason to visit.

Thunder said...

I appreciate so much your comments, L and A! I know I'm only blogging for myself but it's nice to know someone is reading and there is a reason to spell the best I can. ;-)