Tuesday, January 27, 2009

An Old Friend

Sunday was JAM's birthday. JAM is Norma from Ohio, an Internet friend I've known since the KimVA on Dalnet. Long story, but I chatted there for many years before AOL or anything like it. All JAM wanted for her birthday was to have a reunion on Dalnet of the old "KimVA" channel. Yes, it was named for me, another long story. There were probably 25 or so regulars there that became rather close friends. One was a high school French Canadian who called himself Neon Centaur. I only keep up with about three people from those days, but I decided to go out of curiousity. What a trip! I didn't stay long because I'm so busy in SL, but I did get to see some of the old crowd. Just for the heck of it I asked if any of them had ventured into SL. To my surprise they didn't know what it was. That is no one but Neon Centaur! Neon is Yuki in Second Life, a mall owner making 10,000 Lindens a month! He lives in Japan and his mall has over 90 shop owners with a Japanese theme. Most of the products are Japanese. Yuki has been in SL much longer than I have. If I'd stuck it out with Dalnet I could have learned about SL years ago! Small world!

No comments: