Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Collaboration Online

This morning I met Laurie in Illinois, a K8 four school integrator, on iChat and she shared her desktop with me. She showed me the moodle she uses at Global Classroom. We used voice and shared some ideas we had for our students and teachers working together collaboratively online. She has a first grade teacher with a lot of activities online for her students. She has a fourth grade group of teachers, one of which would likely be interested in sharing a state to state history comparitive experience with J. Nutt's fifth grade class. I suggested something similar to Henny's "Far and Away" project at http://teacherman79.wikispaces.com/. After Laurie showed me around Global Classroom I created an account and signed up for a class. I can't wait to see if it is open at school.

No comments: