Monday, December 22, 2008

Virtual Pioneers Dec. 21st

What an awesome night! We started with a meeting where Spiff taught us to add URLs to a kiosk that we could place in SL. When visitors click it they will receive a notecard with our suggestions for URLs to social studies sites. It was oral but I was helping a newbie without voice. I had to listen to Spiff, follow his directions, and type them to my friend. She didn't have the right tag on so none of the directions were working for her. It was frustrating but I learned something. After the meeting we went to Avalon Castle where the owner hosted an 18th century dance for us. It happened to be my birthday and Louise invited a lot of my friends who are not members of Virtual Pioneers. We danced 18th century line dances for an hour! Everyone came dressed in period costume. I felt like I was living Pride and Prejudice!

No comments: