Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Kiwi Visits VSTE


There was a time that I spent all my in world time with Kiwi. He was my mentor, the first one I found that was a teacher at heart, patient, and willing to help me endlessly. He taught me how to dress, edit freebie clothes and shoes, and move and explore SL. He took me to salons and explained about trying demos and bought me hair. He helped me think through the social norms in SL. I can remember now getting furious with his constant correction about what I was wearing or how I was wearing it.  That was almost two years ago. You get attached to someone who spends this much time with you and is so helpful. He was one of my first real SL friends. I have yet to meet him in person and perhaps I never will.
After a time the real person behind Kiwi got busy with his athletic hobby in real life and I became very involved with VSTE's presence in SL, and we just drifted apart.
Lately, maybe because of his new job, or my having more time away from VSTE, we have had more time for little visits. He used me and some of my friends in some Team iN Training machinima  recently. That was fun.
So here we are on a Tuesday evening sharing family and work news. Friends are the best reason to be in Second Life. Jaz, is this you?

No comments: