Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Ride with Bigreal

I have spent a lot of my freetime in SL this week watching Bigreal build. Saturday he took a break and gave me a ride on a couple of his personal ships. He rezzed this ship, unfurled the sails, I hopped onto the bow and we were off! He sailed around several sims in his area and ran aground briefly once. The sails actually propel the ship and the wind direction matters. It's amazing to me that the creators of this virtual world have actually included the physics of the natrual world. Along with sailing there are mermen and mermaids living in this water as are sea creatures of many kinds. There are often battles between ships and Bigreal tells me the damage is actual. Perhaps the captains can simply rez a new copy of the ships they lose, I don't know. You can see in the distance on this shot a partially sunked ship.

No comments: