Thursday, November 27, 2008

Last Week - the stuff I was too busy to post

I heard Spiff Whitfield, a good friend give a talk at ISTE as part of J Hax's Speaker Series. He was fabulous. As he showed slides of the historical places we have toured, he changed costumes to match the era of history being explored. It was clever and interesting! Early last week I attended a workshop on sim management at the suggestion of my friend Louise, of ISTE. It was partially intended for folks who are planning to buy islands and parcel them to rent out at a profit. There was a lot of useful information to be had about the HUD and tools the land owner has access to that I have never seen. At the end of the course I purchased the entire thing to be able to share with my team. I attended Virtual Pioneers and toured Plymouth Plantation and Red Rock. I attended the Speaker Series and saw the beginning of a PBS scavenger hunt through the PBS online resources for teachers.

No comments: