Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Celebrity!

Bob Sprankle came to Channel Island and played Greedy with us! I'm quite impressed with myself over this! I went to ISTE Island HQ because Soulstar was there and there was a little circle of people visiting. She was among them so I joined in. I checked the profiles of everyone there that I don't already know and standing to my immediate left was Bisto, who is Bob Sprankle in RL! I learned about Bob Sprankle when I was taking a class on podcasting from UVA a couple of years ago. He was the only teacher I could find who was podcasting with kids. Since then I've seen his podcasts refered to in a number of other blogs. To me he is celebrity, a pioneer in podcasting. Fortunately he is also very nice! When I took Soulstar back to my island to play Greedy Bisto and Snowflake came, too. This photo to mark the event is courtesy of Snowflake. I LOVE SL! Where else could I meet and talk directly to educational technology experts one on one!?

No comments: