Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Friend Max

Max is a scripter, a builder, an inventor, a networker, and a leader. He's a modern day, German version of Benjamin Franklin! This week he invited me to a sim that I guess he and his team created for a media company. It's called Orange22. The sim is beautiful with many different venues to explore. I think the idea is that virtual meetings can be held there for collaborators from different places. There are tours, tools, and imaginative spaces all over.

But we spent most of our time together in this skybox created to look like a winter wonderland.  I skated on a prepared animation poseball. There are hundreds of these in Second Life but this one includes a realistic fall! Hilarious.

 
Max loves to talk about his current and future projects. I have to just tell him when he gets over my head with the technical information. It happens pretty quickly.  I wonder if I come off silly and stupid to him, but he continues to instant message me first so I guess I'm not annoyingly so. He's helped me many times. All I have done for him is edit his technical writing a couple of times. Did you know that Germans capitalize all nouns? I wonder if this double capital letter compound word thing in digital nomenclature came from Germany: SharePoint, KidPix, ImageBlender...


Deep among the snowmen and Santa paraphenalia was the natvity.  While I'm glad someone remembered the reason for our month long festival of gathering, decorating, buying, giving, and baking it seems like an afterthought so often. This is a pretty setting for it.

No comments: