Sunday, January 4, 2009

Egpytian Images

There are many places in Second Life that depict real places, some very historical and related to units of study in my school. I've heard someone say they use photos like this that they take in SL for students to use in projects in the computer lab. Was it Marie? Anyway I thought I'd start collecting some and see how helpful it is. This was hanging in a store near a shop rented by my SL friend Leonard Hawker. There was no other appropriate shot I could get since it is not an Egyptian setting. This was just art for sale. I think I will spend some of my SL time looking for sims with interesting photos I could take.

1 comment:

Mandie Mimulus said...

Yes! I have used SL images in my lessons. One such activity: I took a photo of the Great Wall of China in SL and opened it in SMARTBoard. Using the screen tool, I covered half the image and exported as a jpg. My students opened the jpg in Pixie and completed the other half of the image using the drawing tools then wrote about it. Very cool!