Sunday, January 4, 2009

Southern Georgia and Darra Nimbus Advertise Their Toy

It was a very interesting night at ISTE on Saturday. I popped in there as I often do when I'm in SL with no particular goal. There were a couple of groups gathered which eventually grew and blended into one large group. SG then pulls out this marker and drew on the scene with it! He could write a word, circle an object, or draw a beard on KJ. It was really awesome. If you click the photo and zoom in you can see the circle he drew around Darra. This is 3D and as I moved to take the photo it was no longer placed correctly. When he wrote a word it was backwards on my screen but I could walk around it to see it correctly. Naturally all the educators there wanted it! We began to ask, beg, and whine. Finally he teleported his friend, Darra, to answer our questions. I got the impression it was hers and her information to share. Apparently she has started a group called Virtual Education on Virtual Education Island where SG has moved his Freebie Mall and teaches his classes. This was all a ploy to get us interested in taking classes to get more info on the marker. It worked! Darra rezzed a very cool object that we all clicked to be added to a list and get messages about future classes. It doesn't even occupy one of our precious group slots! Way to go Southern and Darra! I think you have something here!

No comments: