Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mon aime beaucoup, Ciril

Ciril is a new friend I met while on Christmas vacation. He was wandering around Serenite, one of my favorite sims, and I was there people watching. I think I was actually helping someone else when Ciril came up. He needed more help and I was distracted away from the other av. Do I have a little cyber ADD? Ciril works with cars in France. I haven't figured out whether he makes, repairs, sells, or drives them, but I know it's something to do with cars. You see, he speaks only French. I don't. Madame Slack and Mrs. Williams would be ashamed of me, but Mrs. Curtis would not be at all surprised! :-P Ciril needed help with his inventory, like finding the photo I took of him to put in his profile and finding and wearing the ice skates from the rink I took him to. He wanted very much to rid himself of a sign over his head. For that I took him to my office. He could not find it in his inventory to detach. I had him detach all and take off all clothes in my second room with me modestly on the couch in the outer office. It was quite frustrating. My friend, Anibal, who speaks French and English, came to help after I begged for a bit. He was able to let Ciril know I was trying and frustrated. Ciril and I parted for a few days while I regained my strength. Ciril and I each have the free translator from inside SL now and we communicate much better. I'm taking this opportunity to try to recapture some of my high school French. Most of the time when we are talking he is far away dancing with some sweet gal his age and I'm with my teacher friends. Our translator does not work in instant messages so I try to remember some of the phrases I've used lately.

C'est une manière amusante de rappeler quelques-unes de mes leçons de français.

No comments: